- Identifiers, such as your name, email, or other similar identifiers;
- Categories of personal information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, such as your first and last name, or the organization you’re affiliated with;
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of personal information.
We use this information for creating and administering your account. We also may use this information to contact you and send you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, or other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails, or by contacting our support team email@example.com.
Automatically while you are using Planning Center
We also automatically collect information on how Planning Center is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages that you use/visit, the time and date of your visit or use, the time spent on those pages or features of Planning Center, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We use this data to analyze Planning Center’s performance and make our services more effective.
Through the use of our Website
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of Planning Center.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with Planning Center. For example, they allow you to log in.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make, or to provide certain features, such as enabling videos from third parties.
Analytics and Performance Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our services and how users use our services.
When you choose to provide us with information
You may choose to provide us with personal information while interacting with us in various ways. For example, when you submit a request for help. This information is only used for the purposes for which it was provided.
We use collected information for the following general purposes:
- To provide and maintain Planning Center
- To notify you about changes to Planning Center
- To allow you to participate in features of Planning Center
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve Planning Center
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- For billing and tax purposes
- To identify and authenticate users
- To prevent fraud and spam
- To provide you with products or services you have requested, such as newsletters
- To communicate special offers and information that we think may be of interest to you, such as an offer for a free trial to a new feature of Planning Center
- Fulfilling orders
- Processing payments
- Providing customer service
- Sending marketing communications
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting product research and analysis
- Providing and maintaining a cloud computing environment
- Fixing bugs
We use third-parties to monitor and analyze the use of Planning Center. However, these services are configured in such a way that the third parties are not allowed to use your activity for their own purposes, such as personalizing ads on other websites.
Jointly Offered Products and Services
We share information with Planning Center service or platform partners with which we integrate by use of services such as platforms, apps, or an API.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of our company
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with Planning Center
- To protect the personal safety of users of Planning Center or the public
- To protect against legal liability
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute securityYou can read more about our security practices here. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a breach of data occurs within Planning Center, we will inform you via a notification posted within Planning Center and via email at your last listed email address without undue delay upon discovering the breach. By using Planning Center, you acknowledge and agree that we may send you electronic notifications via email instead of notifications by mail. If you would still like to receive notifications by mail, you can let us know by contacting us at email@example.com or (866) 726-2730.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about your personal information (such as the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, and the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected). You may request access, correct, request the deletion of, or object to our use of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (866) 726-2730. If you email us, please include “Personal Information Inquiry” as the subject line. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and as set forth by the applicable laws.
We have listed the privacy rights for several jurisdictions below, but we understand you may have additional rights in your jurisdiction. You may contact us directly at any time about exercising your data protection rights. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
In certain circumstances, we may be required by law to keep your personal information, or we may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing Planning Center. Please note that we can only provide you with information about your personal information that we collect and use. We do not have control over, or information about, your personal information that other users collect or use.
If you are a resident of the EEA or United Kingdom (UK), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your personal information. If you wish to be informed about what personal information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com or at (866) 726-2730. If you email us, please include “Personal Information Inquiry” as the subject line.
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If we don’t resolve your concern in a reasonable time frame, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authorities. See Questions and Complaints section for more details.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights; or in order to:
- comply with the law
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to the United States and process it there. You can request to enter a Data Processing Addendum (DPA) to any existing service agreement here.
Several jurisdictions grant state residents certain rights and disclosures. We provide the following information to further help you understand your potential privacy rights. If you would like to exercise any right or inquire as to whether such rights are available to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (866) 726-2730. If you email us, please include “Personal Information Inquiry” as the subject line.
Request for Information or Deletion
Residents of certain U.S. states have the right to know whether we are processing your personal information, and in some instances, you have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories listed below for the preceding 12 months. We have the right to request verification of your identity for all requests for information. In responding to this right, we shall provide to you:
- The categories of personal information we collect about you.
- The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting, selling, sharing, or disclosing your personal information, and the categories of personal information disclosed for such purpose(s).
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- The categories of personal information we have sold, if any, about you and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- In addition, you may have the right to request we delete your personal information.
Request for Correction
Residents of certain U.S. states have the right to request the correction or rectification of inaccurate information in the resident’s personal information.
Request for Portable Data
Residents of certain U.S. states have the right to receive, in certain circumstances, a portable format of their personal information that allows the data to be transmitted to another entity.
Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
- Identifiers such as a name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, or advertisement.
- Inferences drawn from the above categories.
- Sensitive personal information.
Limiting the Use of Sensitive Personal Information
Residents of California have the right to direct us to use or disclose sensitive personal information only for providing goods or services, or as otherwise minimally permitted under applicable law. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for any purpose other than providing our goods and services to you, or as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
Third Party Marketing – Shine the Light
If you are one of our customers, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Right to Equal Service & Price
You have the right to receive equal service and price, even if you exercise a privacy right.
Verification Process for Exercising Rights
To protect our consumers’ privacy, we verify privacy rights requests to ensure that only you (or your authorized agent) can exercise rights pertaining to your personal information. As part of our verification process, we may request you to submit additional information.
If we do not decide to act in response to your request to exercise a right, we will provide a timely response detailing the reasons for not taking the action and, depending on your jurisdiction, any rights that you may have to appeal our decision.
Some browsers provide you with a way to signal that you do not want your browsing activity to be tracked. The Services may not currently respond to all Do Not Track (“DNT”) or similar signals, as we are awaiting consensus from the Internet policy and legal community on the meaning of DNT and the best way to respond to these signals.
California and certain other U.S. state residents may opt out of tracking technologies by broadcasting an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC) (on the browsers and/or browser extensions that support such a signal). We do not use website tracking technologies and thus do not respond to DNT signals.
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16. In order to use Planning Center, you must be old enough to consent to the collection of your personal information in your country.
For the convenient administration of regulatory compliance concerns related to citizens of the European Union and the United Kingdom, Ministry has appointed an EU / UK Representative. For questions related to GDPR compliance or to contact Ministry’s EU / UK Representative please contact:
Calligo (Ireland) Limited
Unit 38, Northwood Court, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9, Ireland
Ministry Centered Technologies
2790 Gateway Road
Carlsbad, CA 92009
European citizens have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of their personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA. Our Members | European Data Protection Board (europa.eu)
UK citizens have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) about our collection and use of their personal information. For more information, please contact the ICO.