“Double digits.” I remember as a kid, double digits was a milestone birthday. There’s a sense of pride that comes with being ten years old, and in the software world, that milestone is even more special. Computer hardware changes, cultural trends change, and the software market is infinitely more competitive than other markets, so it’s kind of a big deal…
Ten years ago this week, we set up a booth at the Saddleback Worship Conference in Southern California. That was the first time we announced our existence to the world, and from that week forward, we were officially Planning Center Online. In the last 520 weeks, we have seen consistent and steady growth, as more and more churches sign up. It started with one congregation and grew into tens of thousands.
To give you an idea of what we look like today, here is a quick glance at our stats for the last 365 days. We have:
- Securely stored 10,000,000 check-ins with Check Ins.
- Processed 106,000,000 notification emails and 16,000,000 sms messages for events and reminders from Services.
- Added almost 5 million profiles into the People app.
- Managed more than 750,000 donations through Giving.
- Had over 500,000 event attendees in Registrations.
- Reserved over 550,000 resources in Resources.
- Added over 10k organizations (accounts) into our system for a total of nearly 87,000.
Ten years. Looking behind us, It’s hard to believe. Looking forward, we are excited about what is on the horizon. For starters, today, we are launching Groups, the newest app in the Planning Center family that will help streamline the way you organize, manage, and support your small groups.
To create any product, there are countless people required to execute the idea: developers, designers, marketer, support, and operations. But the critical ingredient is you, the customer. And there aren’t enough words in any language to convey our gratitude for those of you who use (or have used) Planning Center products.
Thank you so much for these past 10 years, and we hope to serve you just as faithfully for the next 10 years and beyond.